When not handled properly, a faulty electrical system can threaten lives and property. If electricity is to be safely used, we have to safeguard against certain hazards. Constant correction and maintenance of our electrical system means the prevention of deaths, injuries and cases of property damage.
Electrical Pros offers the following warning signs and safety tips to help prevent fires related to inadequate electrical system set-up and wiring.
• Pay attention to flickering lights or if wall switches/outlets feel warm to the touch.
• Avoid extended use of extension cords. These are for temporary use only.
• Install ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) in outlets near water sources, such as in the bathroom or kitchen, or any exterior outlet. GFCIs will cut power off directly at the outlet, preventing electrical shock.
• If your home has an overhead electrical line, rather than an underground one to supply main power, make sure trees are pruned away from it to reduce damage. Exercise caution when pruning, keeping metal ladders and pruning shears away from the live wire.
• Properly label each circuit in your electrical panel and make sure it contains one main disconnect so that the home’s electrical system can be shut down at once, in case of emergency.
• When doing electrical work, hire only a licensed electrician. Most deaths and injuries that result from electricity are attributed to work done by unlicensed amateurs.
If your Dacula, Georgia home requires electrical wiring installation or repair, contact Electrical Pros to schedule an appointment. 770-822-2150