EV Charging Installation
Electric vehicles, like Tesla and other models, are the way of the future. Not only are EVs better for the environment, but they save their owners a significant amount of money in the long run on gas and maintenance. If you’re a homeowner, installing an EV charging installation is the next natural step. At Electrical Pros, EV charging installation is one of the many things our team has to offer to our friends in Braselton, Hoschton, Dacula, and Flowery Branch. See all locations we serve on our homepage.
Benefits of an EV Charging System
A primary EV charging station at home has several benefits, including:
- Saving you time: No longer will you have to stop and wait at charging stations while your car recharges. Instead, you can leave your vehicle charging overnight or any time you’re at home.
- Saving you money: Public charging stations typically charge a premium. You can save money by charging at home instead.
- Availability: We’ve all had it happen. You’re running late somewhere, need to recharge, and the closest charging station is full. So, now you have to wait for a spot to free up, making you even later. With a charging station at home, you’ll always know it’s free and available to use.
- Increase home value: An installed EV charger can increase your home’s value and be an appealing feature when you do choose to move.
- Faster charge: A primary EV charging system can charge at rapid speeds, leaving you with a fully-charged vehicle in no time at all.
- Better for your vehicle: Many people stop at a public charging station and only partially charge their car. After all, you’re busy, and you don’t have time to wait for a full charge. However, did you know that continually charging your EV only midway will reduce the car’s efficiency in the long run? Keep your vehicle running smoothly and efficiently by charging it at home, to a full charge, every night.
- Move it around: If you move or decide to change your EV charging station to a different part of your home, the good news is that it’s easy to move around! Simply call us, and we’ll come by and transfer it to a new location for you.
How We Install EV Charging Stations
At Electrical Pros, our experience in EV charging installation has allowed us to perfect the process. We will:
- Inspect your home to ensure an EV charging stations works for you (more specifically, your home has enough power for the charging station)
- Answer any questions you may have
- Provide you with any equipment your dealership didn’t provide
- Test the charging station on the spot to ensure it works
How Long Does EV Charging Installation Take?
Typically, your car charging system should only take one appointment and less than a day. However, the actual length of time will depend on various factors such as the charging station’s location, your type of EV, and more. Contact us to find out a more exact time frame for your installation.
What Types of EV Chargers Do You Work On?
At Electrical Pros, we’re happy to say we can install an electric vehicle charging station for any make or model of car.
How Much Does Car Charger System Installation Cost?
As you may have guessed, the final price will depend on various factors. Ultimately, it will depend on the location of your primary EV charging system, the type of charger, the power needed, and more. You can contact us directly for a personalized quote.
Should I Try EV Charger Installation Myself?
You can DIY many things to save money, but a car charger system installation isn’t one of them. As this is electrical work, you run the risk of hurting yourself or others. Also, if you install the system incorrectly and damage your home, your home insurance can be void. You also take a chance on voiding the charging device’s warranty. Many home insurance policies will demand to see a receipt that you worked with a licensed and insured electrician. When you can’t provide this receipt, they may deny your claim.
Reduce the risk and call Electrical Pros. We’re licensed, insured, and experienced, serving all of Gainesville, Braselton, Hoschton, Dacula, & Flowery Branch. Our electricians will get the job done quickly, professionally, and at an affordable price. Contact us today for a quote.