Whole House Surge Protection
- Extremely brief spikes in electrical power that burn up electrical circuits inside appliances and electronic equipment.
- 30% enter the home through the power lines, telephone lines and cable TV/satellite lines. These are the most damaging.
- 70% are generated by equipment inside the home from motors and large appliances turning off and on.
What damage can power surges cause?
- Physical Damage: The most noticeable, and dramatic, these are the result of large power surges originating outside the home.
- Disruption: The computer locks up or shuts down, the DVD malfunctions, the washing machine shuts down before the end of the cycle.
- Shortened Lifespan: Also called “electronic rust.” Your equipment mysteriously stops working sooner than one would expect.
What To Do
Divide your home into three zones and use the same technology and “staged protection” strategy used to successfully protect industrial and commercial facilities.
Main Zone: First stage of defense and the key to protecting your home. Main Zone protectors are installed at the main power panel, cable TV/satellite service and telephone service.
Interior Zone: Second stage of defense for equipment inside the home.
Exterior Zone: Second stage of defense for equipment located outside the home such as the air conditioning unit, pool pump or well pump.
Who to Call
Call Electrical Pros; a full service, licensed, and insured electrical company that has achieved an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau for customer satisfaction.